I’m so glad my house didn’t catch on fire

That 15 minute absence almost proved to be fatal.

I have been using my space heating system for years. It is a great addition to my bedroom, which often becomes cold. With the space furnace, I never have to worry about chilly weather. However, I think since I have owned my area furnace for so long, I have become relaxed about the safety of it. When I first bought my portable heating unit, I was really careful. I heard of the horror stories, and so I made sure to read up on the instructions and the dos and don’ts of this particular kind of HVAC. Because I paid such close attention to the safety instructions, I never had an issue, that is until now. I knew one of the things you were never supposed to do is leave the heating unit on while you’re away, nor are you supposed to plug it into a power cord. Well, I only planned on being gone for 15 minutes, so I figured leaving the space heating machine on for that period of time was no big deal. I also had it plugged into an extension cord, because I was having trouble fitting some other electronics that I had recently bought. That 15 minute absence almost proved to be fatal. When I came back, the extension cord was smoking! I unplugged it, almost burning myself in the process, and now my previously white cord was a dark brown. Had I been gone any longer, and my house would have been on fire. I still recommend area furnaces to anyone, however, always make sure to be careful around them.
a/c worker

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *